Claremont McKenna College Model United Nations (CMCMUN) is an award-winning organization representing the College on both national and international stages. The team is currently ranked #14 in the nation and recently won its 4th world championship at Harvard’s World Model UN Competition. Nearly 50 students apply annually for the highly competitive interdisciplinary team, comprised of 35 members across class years and major disciplines.
Competing on the CMCMUN team allows students to hone leadership, communication, and critical problem solving skills that help them gain jobs and fellowships after graduation. Team members are given the opportunity to travel to several conferences each semester to substantively debate topics with undergraduates from around the world. Additionally, anyone on campus can be involved in CMCMUN programing through McKennaMUN, our high school conference. For McKennaMUN students can manage logistics and finances for a conference that brings hundreds of students to CMC and give back to the community through mentorship and volunteering with MUN programs at local high schools.
- Harvard National: Best Small Delegation (2017, 2015)
- Harvard World: Best Small Delegation (Panama City 2018, Rome 2016, Seoul 2015, Vancouver 2012)
- UPenn: Best Small Delegation (2014)
- USC Trojan: Best Large Delegation (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- UC Berkeley: Best Large Delegation (2015), Best California Delegation (2012)
- UCLA: Best Small Delegation (2017, 2014, 2011), Best California Delegation (2013, 2012)
- Georgetown NCSC: Best Small Delegation (2017), Outstanding Small Delegation (2013)
- Pomona SageMUN: Best Delegation (2018, 2017)